Paul K. Song
|Practice Areas||Business Litigation, Employment Litigation and Insurance Coverage|
OFFICE: 2879368949 EMAIL: moc.puorgwaltnedra@gnosp
Mr. Song is a trial attorney. After spending the bulk of his legal career at several of the largest renown international law firms. Mr. Song joined Ardent as an of counsel. Since graduating from Southwestern Law School in 1999, Mr. Song has focused his extensive State and Federal litigation practice on business, employment and construction law matters. Additionally, Mr. Song has worked on over 500 mortgage banking and real estate matters involving numerous major lenders and financial institutions. He has also represented and advised most, if not all, of the largest insurance carriers in the United States with regard to coverage issues (and bad faith litigation matters) under directors and officers, fidelity and general liability policies.
The invaluable experience at various “large law firms” helped Mr. Song establish a
reputation for routinely achieving successful outcomes from lawsuits (including class
actions) where millions, and sometimes, billions of dollars were at stake. Mr. Song has
represented numerous Fortune 500 Companies as well as small businesses involving
claims for breach of contract, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, theft of trade
secrets, false advertising, trade dress infringement and statutory unfair competition. In
addition, after starting his legal career with the California Attorney General’s Office and
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Mr. Song regularly defended and
minimized potential liability for companies and public entities in employment law related
matters arising from allegations of wrongful termination, sexual and gender
harassment, retaliation, disability, race and gender discrimination and wage and hour
claims. Mr. Song also investigated, litigated and resolved more than one hundred
admiralty and transportation law matters against carriers, vessel owners, shippers,
stevedores, air and rail carriers, trucking companies, storage yards and terminal
operators in Federal and State courts throughout the United States.
Long hours of hard work and sincere candor towards clients have been the vital
components to Mr. Song’s practice and reputation. He understands that clients may
require assistance or have pressing queries at nights or on weekends, which is why Mr.
Song makes himself readily available to clients outside of normal business hours. Mr.
Song’s most important key to success is his sincere appreciation of all clients, which is
why he has so many longstanding friendships with them.
Mr. Song also currently serves as the Chief Legal Officer for Choice Plus, LLC, a highly
reputable company with a national presence specializing in unclaimed asset recovery.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Ecology with a Specialization in
Criminal Justice from the University of California, Irvine and his Juris Doctorate degree
from Southwestern University School of Law. Mr. Song also served as a full-time police
officer for the City of Irvine after receiving his P.O.S.T (Peace Officer Standards and
Training) Certificate from the Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Academy. Mr.
Song maintains his full-time peace officer certification to this day.
Mr. Song's professional legal experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Troutman Sanders LLP (formerly Ross, Dixon & Bell, LLP)
- Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold, LLP
- Haight, Brown & Bonesteel, LLP
- Morrison Foerster
Mr. Song's litigation success includes, but is not limited to:
- Obtaining summary judgment and dismissal of a coverage/bad faith lawsuit when the court found that the insurer’s policy language imposed a valid reporting requirement that could be enforced.
- Obtaining summary judgment and dismissal of a coverage/bad faith lawsuit when the court found that insured improperly repaired and remodeled rental property for damage unrelated to a "auto v. real property" collision.
- Obtaining dismissal of lawsuit by large international law firm on behalf of leading Japanese wellness product company when the court found that law firm failed to comply with statutory requirements.
- Obtaining multiple dismissals of lawsuits via demurrers and summary judgment motions for alleged wrongful foreclosure and statutory unfair competition.
- Obtaining summary judgment in a D&O coverage/bad faith lawsuit when the court found that subsequent lawsuits tendered by insured were unrelated to original action.
- Obtaining summary judgment and dismissal of lawsuit on behalf of NVOCC
- when the court found that express language in the shipping contract did not guarantee "air ride" freight forwarding.
- Obtaining dismissal of lawsuit on behalf of NVOCC when the court enforced
- forum selection clause.
- Obtaining 85% + recovery on cargo loss claims on behalf of numerous marine insurance companies.
- Obtaining summary judgment and dismissals of numerous wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment lawsuits on behalf of governmental entities, businesses and large companies.
Mr. Song’s legal experience also includes, but is not limited to:
- Draft (and counsel clients regarding) employment agreements on behalf of employers and employees.
- Draft (and counsel clients regarding) commercial lease agreements on behalf of business owners.
- Draft (and counsel clients regarding) license agreements on behalf of business owners.
- Draft (and counsel clients regarding) partnership and joint venture agreements on behalf of business owners.
|Education||University of California, Irvine (B.A., Social Ecology; Specialization in Criminal Justice 1995), Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1999).|
Mr. Song is admitted to practice before all California Courts, |
the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and all
United States District Courts for California.
Mr. Song is a member of the Los Angeles and Orange County |